[Solomonov Seminar] 132. Solomonov seminar

Marko Grobelnik marko.grobelnik at ijs.si
Fri Nov 14 21:19:14 CET 2003

Vabim vas na 132. Solomonov seminar, ki bo v torek,
18. novembra 2003 ob 13:00 uri v Veliki predavalnici IJS.
Posnetki in materiali preteklih seminarjev so dostopni
na http://solomon.ijs.si

Na tokratnem seminarju bo Saso Dzeroski predstavil koncept
"induktivnih baz podatkov", ki predstavljajo poenotenje konceptov
podatkovnih baz in filozofije "data mininga". Kot realizacijo
tega koncepta bo Saso predstavil na IJS razvito resitev za
ucenje polinomskih enacb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saso Dzeroski, IJS:
         Inductive Queries on Polynomial Equations

Inductive databases (IDBs) contain both data and patterns.
Knowledge discovery processes can be viewed as sequences
of inductive queries to such databases, where inductive queries
can perform both data selection and data mining. Inductive
queries consist of conjunctions of primitive constraints that have
to be satisfied by target patterns. The constraints can be different
for different pattern domains.

Many pattern domains, mostly concerning the discovery of frequent
patterns, have been considered separately: these include the domains
of frequent itemsets, episodes, Datalog queries, sequences, and
molecular fragments. Here we consider inductive queries in the
pattern domain of polynomial equations and present a heuristic solver
for this domain. We first evaluate the use of this solver on standard
regression problems, then proceed to illustrate the use of constraints
in discovering dynamics. We finally consider IDBs containing both
the pattern domains of equations and molecular fragments, as well
as combining them in order to derive QSAR (Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships) models.