[Solomonov Seminar] 234. Solomonov seminar

Marko Grobelnik marko.grobelnik at ijs.si
Thu Sep 22 15:10:46 CEST 2011

V petek 23.9. bo ob 13:00 v Oranzni predavalnici IJS
(drugo nadstropje glavne stavbe IJS) 234. Solomonov seminar.

Predaval bo Oscar Corcho iz Univerze Politecnica de Madrid na temo
semanticnega senzorskega spleta.

Posnetki preteklih seminarjev so na http://videolectures.net/solomon/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Oscar Corcho, UPM
(http://www.dia.fi.upm.es/index.php?page=oscar-corcho&hl=en_US)

Query access mechanisms for the Semantic Sensor Web

In this talk we will review different approaches used for the generation,
publication and acesss to ontology-based data streams coming from sensor
networks. We will briefly describe the work done on the characterisation
of sensor-based data sources and observations in the context of the W3C
Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group, which has resulted in an ontology
for describing sensor networks. We will also analyse different
alternatives that can be used for the generation of sensor data in RDF,
including the identification of sensors and the transformation into the
Sensor Network Ontology model. We will finally describe how sensor data
sources can be accessed by means of SPARQL-STR queries, and the query
rewriting methods used in the query execution process.

--
<http://nyr.kr/aSBze9>