[Solomonov Seminar] 232. Solomonov seminar

Marko Grobelnik marko.grobelnik at ijs.si
Wed Jun 29 09:43:04 CEST 2011

V cetrtek 30.6. bo ob 13:00 (!!!nestandarden termin!!!) v Oranzni predavalnici IJS
(drugo nadstropje glavne stavbe) 232. Solomonov seminar.
Posnetki preteklih seminarjev so na http://videolectures.net/solomon/

Na tokratnem seminarju bo predstavil Grigoris Antoniou iz Univerze
na Kreti delo na podrocju ambientalne inteligence.

Grigoris Antoniou, University of Crete, FORTH
(http://www.ics.forth.gr/~antoniou/)

TITLE:

Reasoning about Context in Ambient Intelligence Environments

ABSTRACT:

The imperfect nature of context in Ambient Intelligence (AmI)
environments, and the special characteristics of the entities that possess
and share the available context information render contextual reasoning a
very challenging task. The accomplishment of this task requires formal
models that handle the involved entities as autonomous logic-based agents,
and provide methods for handling the imperfect and distributed nature of
context.

In this talk, we descrinea solution based on the Multi-Context Systems
formalism, in which local context knowledge of AmI agents is encoded in
rule theories (contexts), and information flow between agents is achieved
through mapping rules associating concepts used by different contexts. To
handle the imperfect nature of context, we extend Multi-Context Systems
with non-monotonic features: local defeasible theories, defeasible
mappings, and a preference relation on the system contexts. We present
this novel representation model, called Contextual Defeasible Logic,
describe its argumentation semantics, propose a sound and complete
algorithm for distributed query evaluation, and a number of variants for
this algorithm. We conclude with a review of some ongoing work.