[Solomonov Seminar] 100. Solomonov seminar

Marko Grobelnik marko.grobelnik@ijs.si
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:02:11 +0100

Vabim vas na 100. Solomonov seminar, ki bo v !!!IZJEMOMA!! v cetrtek,
28. novembra 2002 ob 13. uri v sejni sobi odseka E8 (2. nadstropje
glavne zgradbe IJS). Posnetki in materiali preteklih seminarjev so
dostopni na http://solomon.ijs.si/.

Na jubilejni 100. Solomonov seminar bo predaval Masayuki Numao,
nas gost iz Japonske. Tema seminarja bo kako analizirati glasbo in
clovekove obcutke ob tem in kako rezultate take analize uporabiti
za kreiranje nove glasbe, ki je "po meri cloveka".

Masayuki Numao (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
      Constructive Adaptive User Interfaces and Active Mining

We propose a method to locate relations and constraints
between a music score and its impressions, by which we
show that machine learning techniques may provide a
powerful tool for composing music and analyzing human
feelings.  We examine its generality by modifying some
arrangements to provide the subjects with a specified impression.
This paper introduces some user interfaces, which are capable
of predicting feelings and creating new objects based on
seed structures, such as spectrums and their transition
for sounds that have been extracted and are perceived as
favorable by the test subject.  We would like to discuss a
role of such interfaces in the Active Mining project.