Vabilo na Preglov kolokvij / Invitation to the Pregl colloquium

Brigita Pirc brigita.pirc at ki.si
Wed Dec 13 14:46:37 CET 2017

Vabilo na Preglov kolokvij / Invitation to the Pregl colloquium

Prof. Dr. Martin Winter
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, MEET Batterieforschungszentrum
Institut für Physikalische Chemie, Münster, Germany
Email: martin.winter at uni-muenster.de<mailto:martin.winter at uni-muenster.de>

Četrtek / Thursday 21. 12. 2017, ob / at 13:00

Velika predavalnica Kemijskega inštituta / Great Lecture Hall, National Institute of Chemistry;
Hajdrihova 19, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Electrochemical Energy Storage Science:  Truly Interdisciplinary and Cooperative

>From the early findings of Galvani, Volta and Ritter until today, at all times Electrochemistry has been a discipline that received most attention, when a highly interdisciplinary approach was followed. Life sciences, synthesis, materials science, micro- and nanotechnology, sensors, corrosion, analytics, photochemistry, energy storage and conversion, catalysis, process technology, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, and modeling - to mention just a few disciplines and applications - have been greatly benefitting from the multiple contributions Electrochemistry could accomplish and will make in the future.

In public perception today, we witness electrochemical energy sciences triggering gigantic expectations, which is well-reflected by the prominent roles, which batteries, but also fuel cells and capacitors play in megatrends, such as clean mobility and storage of renewables. Electrochemistry, in particular electrochemical materials science and electrochemical methodology have been discovered as technology enablers.

In this presentation, we will review selected highlights of battery science and technology in particular in view of impact and application. At the end, a perspective on the future of battery based electrochemical energy storage will be provided.

info: miran.gaberscek at ki.si<mailto:miran.gaberscek at ki.si>

Brigita Pirc
Odnosi z javnostmi / Public Relations

[KI]

[KI]

Kemijski inštitut / National Institute of Chemistry
Hajdrihova 19
SI-1000 Ljubljana
Slovenija / Slovenia
Telefon / Phone: 00386 1 476 02 25