[Solomonov Seminar] 286. Solomonov seminar

Marko Grobelnik marko.grobelnik at ijs.si
Tue Nov 20 00:36:38 CET 2018

V sredo, 21. novembra 2018 bo ob 16h v Veliki predavalnici IJS 286.
Solomonov seminar. Velika predavalnica je v prvem nadstropju glavne
stavbe IJS na Jamovi 39. Posnetki preteklih seminarjev so na
http://videolectures.net/solomon/

Tokrat bo predaval Jure Leskovec s tematiko, ki povezuje grafe/omrezja z
globokim ucenjem (angl. deep learning) - v zadnjem casu ima Jure nekaj
dobrih rezultatov pri analizi grafov z modernimi metodami ucenja, ki jih
bo predstavil na seminarju.

Seminar je ob nekoliko bolj pozni uri zaradi objektivnih omejitev.

Jure Leskovec, Stanford University/Pinterest/IJS

TITLE: Deep Learning on Graphs

ABSTRACT: Machine learning on graphs is an important and ubiquitous task
with applications ranging from drug design to friendship recommendation
in social networks. The primary challenge in this domain is finding a
way to represent, or encode, graph structure so that it can be easily
exploited by machine learning models. However, traditionally machine
learning approaches relied on user-defined heuristics to extract
features encoding structural information about a graph. In this talk I
will discuss methods that automatically learn to encode graph structure
into low-dimensional embeddings, using techniques based on deep learning
and nonlinear dimensionality reduction. I will provide a conceptual
review of key advancements in this area of representation learning on
graphs, including random-walk based algorithms, and graph convolutional
networks. We will discuss applications to web-scale recommender systems,
healthcare and knowledge representation and reasoning.