[Solomonov Seminar] 218. Solomonov seminar

Marko Grobelnik marko.grobelnik at ijs.si
Wed Mar 17 15:07:19 CET 2010

V torek 18. marca bo ob 13:00h v Veliki predavalnici IJS
(drugo nadstropje glavne zgradbe), 218. Solomonov seminar.
Posnetki preteklih seminarjev so na http://videolectures.net/solomon/

Predavala bo Liz Coppock (http://eecoppock.info/) iz podjetja
Cycorp (http://www.cyc.com/) o prevajanja logicnih zapisov naravni jezik.

Elizabeth Coppock:
A Translation from Logic to English with Dynamic Semantics

Abstract. We present a procedure for translating standard predicate
logic into English. The procedure generates both referring expressions
and non-referring expressions, including both referential and bound variable
anaphora. Non-referring expressions correspond to short-term discourse
referents [1], which present a special set of challenges for a natural
language generation system: (i) they have limited ‘lifespans’ and (ii) the
determiner with which they are introduced (every, some, any, no) is
sensitive
to the logical context. Our system addresses these challenges using
dynamically updated information states.