[Solomonov Seminar] 180. Solomonov seminar

Marko Grobelnik marko.grobelnik at ijs.si
Sun Feb 18 20:37:41 CET 2007

Vabim vas na 180. Solomonov seminar, ki bo v torek 20. februarja,
ob 13:00 uri v Veliki predavalnici IJS.

Predaval bo Bernard Zenko iz IJS o svoji doktorski temi.

Bernard Zenko, IJS
              Learning predictive clustering rules

Predictive clustering is based on ideas from two machine learning subareas,
predictive modeling and clustering. Methods for predictive clustering enable
us to construct models for predicting multiple target variables, which are
normally simpler and more comprehensible than the corresponding collection
of models, each predicting a single variable. To this end, predictive clustering
has been restricted to decision tree methods. Our goal is to extend this approach
to methods for learning rules. We have developed a generalized version of
the covering algorithm that enables learning of ordered or unordered rules,
on single or multiple target classification or regression domains. Performance
of the new method compares favorably to existing methods. Comparison of
single target and multiple target prediction models shows that multiple target
models offer comparable performance and drastically lower complexity than
the corresponding collections of single target models.