[Solomonov Seminar] 147. Solomonov seminar

Marko Grobelnik marko.grobelnik at ijs.si
Sun May 9 16:47:28 CEST 2004

Vabim vas na 147. Solomonov seminar, ki bo v torek,
11. maja 2004 ob 13:00 uri v Veliki predavalnici IJS.
Posnetki preteklih seminarjev so na http://solomon.ijs.si/

Na tokratnem seminarju bo Amanda Williams
iz UC Irvine (Los Angeles, US) predstavila podrocje
"Human Computer Interaction" (HCI), ki se ukvarja
s preucevanjem komunikacije med ljudmi in
racunlaniki. Podrocje se ukvarja (med drugim) z oblikovanjem
in vrednotenjem uporabniskih vmesnikov in preucuje
druge nacine komunikacije z racunalnikom.

Amanda Williams
            Embodiment and Human Computer Interaction

Human Computer Interaction is the study of the design, implementation
and use of technological systems with a focus on understanding the needs
and practices of the users of those systems.  For the purposes of such
research we draw from a diverse set of fields including Computer Science,
Mechanical Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Architecture,
Design and even Philosophy.

The first half of the talk will be an overview of Human Computer Interaction.
I will discuss the rather short history of the field, and provide examples of work
being done in different areas of Human Computer Interaction.  For the second
half of the talk, I will discuss my particular area of interest, Embodied Interaction.
Paul Dourish defines "Embodied Interaction" as  "interaction with computer systems
that occupy our world, a world of physical and social reality, and that exploit this
fact in how they interact with us."