[SlovLit] Slovenščina v Washingtonu -- Razstava Čebelic

Miran gmail miranhladnik1 na gmail.com
Tor Okt 22 09:37:49 CEST 2013

From: Nidorfer-Šiškovič, Mojca <Mojca.Nidorfer-Siskovic na ff.uni-lj.si>
Date: 2013/10/21
Subject: FW: Promoting Slovene Language in Washington, DC

Za Slovlit ti prepošiljam vabilo k prostovoljnemu poučevanju
slovenščine v Washingtonu, ki so nam ga poslali iz neprofitne
organizacije Global Language Network ob posredovanju slovenskega
veleposlaništva. [...] Vnaprej hvala za objavo, lep pozdrav,  Mojca

---

The Global Language Network (GLN) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit
organization whose mission is to provide opportunities to learn any
language at a minimal cost. GLN fosters a special commitment to
teaching and promoting languages that may be endangered or less
commonly taught. To this end, GLN offers language classes in more than
60 languages and has served over 7,000 students since its inception in
2005.

How are we able to accomplish this? We have cultivated an
extraordinary network of native or near-native speaker teachers, who
volunteer their time to make language learning accessible to everyone.
We use a communicative approach that builds our students' confidence
in using the target language in practical situations. The learning
process that begins in our classrooms continues in daily life; we have
built a large community of open-minded language and culture
enthusiasts who forge relationships of friendship and learning that
extend far beyond our classroom.

As we seek to continue growing and improving our program to better
serve the wider DC community, GLN would like to bring special focus to
Slovene and is seeking native or near-native speakers to apply for our
Teaching Fellowship 2014  program.

The GLN Teaching Fellowship is our teacher development program. We
engage talented and committed individuals who wish to teach their
language and share their culture with the DC community. Candidates do
not have to have prior teaching experience. Selected Fellows receive
comprehensive training, ongoing coaching and support.

Please see enclosed flier about our Teaching Fellowship program.
We hope that you'll join us in this exciting work!

Zarko Palankov (zarko na thegln.org)

===