Vabilo na predavanje dr. Else Marit Inderberg in Dr. Sébastien Wälchli, 13.12.2018 ob 11:00 uri v Veliki predavalnici Kemijskega inštituta

Glavna Pisarna Glavna.Pisarna at ki.si
Fri Dec 7 12:32:35 CET 2018

Vabilo na predavanje / Invitation to the lecture

Dr. Else Marit Inderberg    &    Dr. Sébastien Wälchli
Laboratory for Translational Research, Department of Cellular Therapy, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Email: Sebastien.Walchli at rr-research.no<mailto:Sebastien.Walchli at rr-research.no>

Četrtek / Thursday 13. 12. 2018, ob / at 11:00

Velika predavalnica Kemijskega inštituta /
Great Lecture Hall, National Institute of Chemistry;
Hajdrihova 19, Ljubljana

Using old hospital collections to create tomorrow's immunotherapies

The Department of Cellular Therapy at OUH is home of Northern Europe largest GMP clean room. Its main mission is to provide cell-based cancer therapy with a strong expertise in stem cell transplantation and immune cell modification. It is located at the Radium hospital which is the primary centre for cancer treatment in Norway.

The hospital has initiated many early vaccine-based trials and our department has accumulated a large biobank of samples from treated patients. We will describe how immunomonitoring of patient samples was exploited by our lab to develop a therapeutic TCR discovery platform and introduce two candidate TCRs one which has been and one that will soon be tested in patients.

The hospital was in the 80s actively dedicated to the generation of antibodies through hybridoma production. A large collection of tumour-specific antibodies was created and some of these molecules have had a solo carrier in the clinic or as companion products for diagnostics or kits. We have developed a Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR)-platform from them and have established a pre-clinical pipeline to bring them to clinic.

We will finally present some recent innovation from our activities with a special focus on universal T cell-like cell line.

info: roman.jerala at ki.si<mailto:roman.jerala at ki.si>