Vabilo na predavanje/ Invitation to the lecture, prof. dr. David Donald Pokrajac

Jolanda Jakofcic Jolanda.Jakofcic at ijs.si
Thu Oct 12 15:23:40 CEST 2017

*Pozdravljeni!**

**V sklopu Odsečnih seminarjev Odseka za računalniške sisteme Instituta
"Jožef Stefan"
vas vabimo na predavanje,
ki bo potekalo
16. oktobra 2017 ob 13 uri v predavalnici MPŠ.

Speaker: prof. dr. David Donald Pokrajac (Delaware State University)*
*
Title: Recursive partitioning simulation of breast tissue
**
**_Abstract:_ Three dimensional breast models represent important tools
used in a variety of tasks, from preclinical evaluation of imaging
technique, to dosimetry and computer aided diagnostic. In collaboration
with University of Pennsylvania, we have developed a breast simulation
algorithm that can provide simulation of various breast structures and
control of anthropometric parameters such as number of fat compartments,
thickness of Cooper"s ligaments and percentage of radiologically dense
tissue. In this presentation, we discuss foundations of recursive
partitioning algorithm and consider its experimental performance and
asymptotic complexity. Then, we discuss various improvements of
algorithm, aimed to simulate voxels with multiple materials (partial
volume effect), improve control of ligament thickness and surface
smoothness and achieve simulation of milk ducts. We emphasize solved and
open mathematical problems arising from this application related to
non-linear optimization, graph theory, three-dimensional signal
processing and computational geometry.
*