Vabilo na Preglov kolokvij / Invitation to the Pregl Colloquium

Brigita Pirc brigita.pirc at ki.si
Thu Mar 29 15:21:19 CEST 2012

VABILO NA PREGLOV KOLOKVIJ /  INVITATION TO THE PREGL COLLOQUIUM

Prof. dr. Petros Koumoutsakos

ETH Zurich, Chair of Computational Science, Universitatstrasse 6, Zurich, Switzerland

Četrtek / Thursday, 05. 04. 2012, ob / at 13:00
Velika predavalnica Kemijskega inštituta / Lecture Hall at the National Institute of Chemistry; Hajdrihova 19, Ljubljana

Multi-physics and Multi-scale Simulations using Particles

Particle methods provide  a powerful vocabulary to  describe a wide range of deterministic and stochastic processes exhibiting multi-scale characteristics. In this talk we introduce  wavelet adapted  particle methods for  the Navier-Stokes equations and Adaptive Mesh Refinement for stochastic simulations of reaction-diffusion processes. We discuss the coupling of deterministic and stochastic algorithms and emphasize the mapping of these algorithms to multi/many-core architectures. We demonstrate the capabilities of particle methods by presenting applications ranging from fish swimming, to cancer induced angiogenesis and nano-fluidics.

Vljudno vabljeni! / Kindly invited!