[CLASSLA] CLASSLA-Express Workshops in Croatia, Serbia, North Macedonia and Slovenia

Taja Kuzman taja.kuzman at ijs.si
Tue Mar 26 13:27:29 CET 2024

CLASSLA Mailing List

*

Dear all,

We are excited to extend an invitation to you for a series of five
workshops designed to demonstrate the practical applications of the
CLASSLA web corpora <https://arxiv.org/abs/2403.12721>in language
research. The CLASSLA-Express workshops will take place from April to
September 2024 in 4 countries and 5 cities: Croatia (Zagreb and Rijeka),
Serbia (Belgrade), North Macedonia (Skopje) and Slovenia (Ljubljana).
The workshops will provide hands-on experience in using the CLARIN.SI
NoSketch Engine concordancer <https://www.clarin.si/ske/#open>to extract
valuable insights on word meanings, usage, collocations, and grammatical
patterns from Croatian
<https://www.clarin.si/ske/#concordance?corpname=classlaweb_hr>,
Macedonian
<https://www.clarin.si/ske/#concordance?corpname=classlaweb_mk>, Serbian
<https://www.clarin.si/ske/#concordance?corpname=classlaweb_sr>and
Slovene
<https://www.clarin.si/ske/#concordance?corpname=classlaweb_sl>corpora.
The workshops are free of charge.

The workshops are tailored for university students of South Slavic
languages, linguists, lexicographers, language teachers, and digital
humanities scholars.

The registration is already open for the workshops in Zagreb, Rijeka and
Belgrade! We will make sure to let you know when the registrations in
Skopje and Ljubljana open as well.

Here are the details of the workshops:

  *

    19 April 2024 – CLASSLA-Express stop in Zagreb, Croatia (Faculty of
    Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb). Registration
    is open – register by filling this form
    <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVE3VVmBYeQzgZjZO2Om1cRQPCPbPnENpvje7QgG0gd4Uedw/viewform>.