[CLASSLA] Doctoral researcher position in DH at University of Ljubljana

Nikola Ljubešić nljubesi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 11:21:05 CET 2024

Dear all, a very interesting PhD position in digital humanities!

--

At the Faculty of Computer and Information Science, University of
Ljubljana, we are looking for a new doctoral researcher in the area of Digital

The research will focus on the innovative analysis of historical text
corpora for the extraction and visualization of geographically related
information in different time periods. By leveraging the power of machine
learning, language and speech technologies and computer vision, we aim to
uncover the spatial dimensions contained in digitized historical
collections. Using the newly developed approaches and tools of corpus
linguistics, our aim is to analyze and visualize the georeferenced data
and, together with domain experts, to track the evolution of geographical
references over time and provide new insights into the movement, spread and
transformation of cultural, linguistic and historical phenomena. We would
like the expected results to make important contributions to the fields of
digital humanities, visual analytics and data visualization, and enable a
deeper understanding of the geographical contexts that shape historical
narratives.

We invite everyone interested in research work in this field to apply.
Candidates
will enroll in a doctoral program at the Faculty of Computer and
Information Science. In your research work, you will be supported by an
interdisciplinary research group in the Laboratory for Computer Graphics
and Multimedia with experience in all related fields. The research and
doctoral studies will be conducted under the supervision of  Assist. Prof.
Ciril Bohak, Ph.D. <http://lgm.fri.uni-lj.si/ciril>

Contact: ciril.bohak at fri.uni-lj.si

Place of work: Ljubljana, Slovenia