[Agor] Fwd: Thesaurus linguae Latinae Open Access

marko marincic markomarincic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 15:20:56 CEST 2019

Zelo lepa novica!

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Thesaurus linguae Latinae Open Access
Date: 	Fri, 12 Apr 2019 13:43:18 +0100
From: 	Josine Schrickx <j.schrickx at THESAURUS.BADW.DE>
To: 	CLASSICISTS at liverpool.ac.uk

Dear colleagues around the world,

Good news for classical scholarship is coming out of the /Thesaurus /today.

It involves open access to the /Thesaurus linguae Latinae/, the most
comprehensive dictionary of ancient Latin.

The excellent TLL database produced by the publishing house /De
Gruyte//r/ has been available for a long time. As is well known, it
provides a wealth of features to illustrate the "depth" of the Lemma
entries fully, to easily follow cross-references, and to visualize and
search through the passages in multiple ways. Access is subject to a
fee, but many research institutions and libraries provide free access to
their users.

Now, in consultation with the publisher and in cooperation with the IT
department of the /Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities/, we are
able to offer an open-access PDF version (organized by volumes and
lemmata) of the previously published volumes A - M and O - P. Access is
free of charge. Of course, this does not replace the platform offered by
the publishing house, but it is a huge step towards greater
accessibility around the world, independently of institutions. We
sincerely hope that that the possibilities it offers will benefit future
research. We ask for your help sharing this information with your
colleagues and we welcome feedback of all kinds.

Access is now possible via our homepage:
http://www.thesaurus.badw.de/en/tll-digital/tll-open-access.html.

You can manage your subscription and view message archives at
http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/classicists.html