[Agor] (Fwd) ENC: Summer School in Celtic and Venetic

Marjeta Sasel Kos MKos at zrc-sazu.si
Thu Mar 10 13:51:14 CET 2016

From:	José d'Encarnação <jde at fl.uc.pt>
To:	"jde" <jde at fl.uc.pt>
Subject:	ENC: Summer School in Celtic and Venetic
Date sent:	Thu, 10 Mar 2016 11:38:25 -0000

Classics Summer School in Celtic and Venetic

Five-Day Intense Study Course in Early Celtic and Venetic in
North Italy

Dear all,

This year's Classics Summer School at the University of Wales
Trinity Saint David will be held at Lampeter ​from the 29th August
to the 2nd September 2016.

Our Summer School will focus on the ancient languages of North
Italy: we find here inter alia the earliest evidence of a Celtic
language, the so-called Lepontic inscriptions starting as early as
the 7th century BC. The aim of the Summer School is to provide a
concise comprehensive course of Celtic and Venetic in ancient
Italy and to provide an introduction to the linguistic situation in the
area. The Summer School will also address problems of
Indo-European reconstruction as well as questions of regional
linguistics. An important focus will be on language contacts and
their consequences. A series of evening lectures will complement
the course, providing insights into various aspects of ancient
Celtic history, culture and language.

*	Workshop and Full-Board Accommodation: £580
*	Workshop Only: £240

For more detailed information, please see:

http://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/classics-summer-school/

or contact Joanne Price: Joanne.Price at uwtsd.ac.uk

----

Dr Ralph Häussler MA PhD SFHEA

School of Classics

University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Lampeter SA48 7ED

Wales, U.K.

r.haeussler at uwtsd.ac.uk

Adran y Claussuron

Prifysgol Cymru Y Drindod Dewi Sant
Llanbedr Pont Steffan SA48 7ED

Cymru

http://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/classics-summer-school/

---
Este e-mail foi verificado em termos de vírus pelo software
antivírus Avast.