[SlovLit] Fw: Linguistic Screening

Miran Hladnik miran.hladnik na guest.arnes.si
Pet Sep 19 15:54:37 CEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "LingCheck na compu-mark.se" <Lingcheck na compu-mark.se>
To: "'miran.hladnik na uni-lj.si'" <miran.hladnik na Uni-Lj.si>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 1:57 PM
Subject: Linguistic Screening

Dear Prof. dr. Miran Hladnik,

My name is Ms Charlotte Göransson and I work for a Swedish company called
Compu-Mark Nordic. Compu-Mark is a leading company in the field of trademark
research.

We provide a service called "Linguistic Screening". It actually consists of
two services called "Linguistic Check" and "Linguistic Evaluation", but the
most frequent one is the "Linguistic Check". A "Linguistic Check" is used as
a simple testing facility to get a first indication of the appropriateness
of new trademark names in other languages. It reports possible meanings,
associations or pronunciation problems. The names are checked with local
linguists who are native speakers of their respective language.

We are now expanding our network and are therefore searching for linguists
in Slovenia who are interested in performing this service for us regarding
Slovenian. (The reports are written in English, so the person in question
must be fluent in English as well.)

We hope that you find our services interesting and that you might be able to
connect us with someone who would like to work with us on a regular basis.

Many thanks in advance for your kind attention to this matter. Me and my
colleague Ms Janette Dontcheva are looking forward to hearing from you and
we will be happy to give you further details regarding our linguistic
services.

Best regards,
Ms Charlotte Göransson

Compu-Mark Nordic AB